Friday, September 23, 2011 Posted by Shattered Paradigm
This last weekend we attended the National Self-Reliance Organization’s Semi-annual Expo in Denver, Colorado. It was held at the National Western Complex and accommodated thousands of interested attendees, from near and far. We spoke with dozens of individuals and families who traveled from all over the United States and Canada in order to attend. One of the fascinating aspects of their travels was that they came from varied backgrounds and means. Their interests were also particular, ranging from the following reasons:
- Greater urban & rural Self-Reliance
- Strengthening their Food Storage & Water Filtration/Purification Preps
- Attending the Expert Workshops including Dave Canterbury of the Discovery Channel’s hit show Dual Survival, The Survival Podcast‘s Jack Spirko, Doom & Bloom’s Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy, and many, many more!
- Meeting with National Geographic and The Discovery Channel for possible T.V. appearances
- To enjoy the company of many, many like-minded folk from all over the USA.
The most significant value of attending the Expo was our ability to connect and begin relationships with the attendees and the exhibitors, and to strengthen existing relationships with like-minded folk. Some of the exhibitors we really enjoyed were:
- Amanda’s Damn Good Salsa
- American Prepper’s Network
- Doom & Bloom’s Dr. Bones & Nurse Amy
- Prepper Podcast Network with John M.
- The School of Natural Healing
-The Berkey Guy